Plastic body for electric violin
Tho X. Bui
2003-11-03 19:01:56 UTC
Anyone know if and where it is possible to buy just the plastic body for an
electric violin? I have all the electronics already.
Much thanks,
I'm not quite sure why you'd need plastic, but....
For 135$, you can buy a plastic violin made by Maccaferri.
http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/MPV1.htm
The parts seems to have been injection molded plastic, feels to me like polystyrene.

To make the instrument more usable, I'd recommend replacing the pegs
with wooden or metal ones. The plastic original breaks very easily.

Tho
Aryeh